Garmin Zumo 590 vs. 595 – which should you get? This is a question many people ask themselves when they are looking for a GPS. It can be challenging to decide, but in this post, we will compare the two zumos and explain why you might want one over the other.
Even in this age of adventure, you want to explore different parts of the earth, from twisties where you can lean your motorcycle to places where there’s hardly any road.
You want to be able to get where you’re going, even if the navigation app fails on your smartphone.
For the avid adventurer, a GPS device is vital not just for staying on track but also for saving your life.
You may hear of Garmin when you’re shopping around for GPS systems for your motorcycle. We will compare the features and specifications of two models: the 590LM and 595LM.
Garmin, a company known for its superior products in multiple industries, has expanded its offerings to include navigational devices for motorcycles.
The Garmin Zumo 595LM and the 590LM are pretty similar in function, but some things make one device better suited to your needs than the other.
The 595lm is a newer version of the 590lm that was not updated with additional features.
When choosing between these two devices, there are a few important considerations.
Features Garmin Zumo 595LM and the 590LM models have in common.
- The power reserve should not be an issue because we are talking about a system that is constantly in contact with your motorcycle battery. However, for the sake of completion: The battery life on both devices lasts 4 hours.
- Both the 590LM and 595LM have screens with a size of five inches and a resolution of 800×480 pixels.
- Both devices let you play music. The 590lm supports MP3 players, iPods, and Pandora 2; however, the 595lm additionally enables you to control Spotify from your smartphone and access media on your music player.
- The Garmin Zumo 595LM and the 590LM both offer text-to-speech features for spoken prompts when making turns.
- Both the 590LM and 595LM are water-resistant to IPX7 standards and able to withstand fuel spills, UV rays, and harsh conditions. These devices can be used for both leisure cycling and adventure riding.
- Connect your smartphone to the 590LM or 595LM device and get real-time updates on traffic conditions, weather reports, and more.
- In addition to being compatible with iPhones, the Garmin 595lm can also be controlled and played through a Smartphone app. This makes it possible to listen to playlists on your phone in sync with the activity tracker without having your device flopping around or distracting you from cycling.
- The 590lm has a built-in Bluetooth system for use with hands-free communication. The 595lm also shows notifications when your phone is nearby and reads messages aloud for you as well.
- Garmin’s newest model of the Zumo has a new feature that allows you to share your real-time location with loved ones. Live tracking lets you know when someone is trying to contact you so that they don’t have to call and interrupt your ride or if they want to make sure that you are safe because of an event like an accident.
- Riders can choose between highway, hill, and twisty routes for their journey. With the type of route chosen tailored to your preference, you’ll enjoy riding more than ever before!
Deciding which of these models to buy depends on your budget and the features you need. Why would you pay for features you’re not going to use?
GPS devices are a brilliant piece of tech. They make life so much easier for adventure motorcycle enthusiasts. While many companies will try to sell you on their GPS, Garmin Zumo 590lm and 595lm have been ranked first by motorcyclists because they’re great navigation tools that work well in any condition.
Though both devices are capable, the 590 has a more basic design, and the 595 has some impressive features that might be worth the extra purchase for some customers.